Oh my! We have been doing it wrong and I am here to tell you how to clean your makeup the right way. Prior to a few days ago, I used to use face wipes to clean my face until I stumbled on a video by Temi Otedola where she mentioned using face wipes just further smears the makeup around the face into the pores which could cause pimples or acne to the face. This new routine prevents all that and ensures the makeup is thoroughly removed.
So here is what to do:
- Remove your lashes if you have any on
- Use your facial cotton pad and dab your makeup remover (Mine is Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, the one for dull & sensitive skin)
- Gently clean off the makeup with the cotton pad. Use as many as required.
- Then apply your facial wash to your face and gently rub using the tip of your fingers
- Rinse face with warm water and use a flannel to dry
- Some people use a night cream afterwards but I don’t because I have an oily skin
Try it and give your feedback.